The color of your mood

Very interesting… 

I’ve just found out that what I’ve always done intuitively (and you must have done it also) which is to dress up to improve my mood, has been studied by Fashion Psychologists (also new to me as a branch of the Psychology).

 

According to Dr. Karen, a pioneer in the field of fashion psychology, brighter colors can stimulate positive moods while darker colors encourage more dull emotions. Whether or not consumers gravitate toward them comes down to two theories: mood illustration dress and mood enhancement dress.

 

Mood illustration dress is when you dress to perpetuate your mood and mood enhancement dress is when you dress to optimize your mood.

 

I think the first option is more intuitive; at least to me – it’s more an auto pilot action; while the second option is what I really do when I’m in a weird mood. 

And it does work.

 

After all we have been through in 2020, fashion designers are incorporating the mood enhancement dress theory, where bright colors shall optimize our moods this year.

 

Let’s analyze the meaning of the 2021 color pallet for spring summer.

 

 

 

Pantone has chosen 2 colors for 2021: yellow and grey. According to Dr Karen, “Pale yellow means happiness, being jovial, a sense of likability, and if you’re in a stressful social situation, wearing yellow could mitigate that”.  

 

 

 Regarding grey, I couldn’t find Dr Karen’s comments, but found that in color psychology, grey represents neutrality and balance – we definitely need that. 

 

 

 

 

 

 “Orange represents taking risks

It’s a creative, confident, independent energy,” says Susanna Merrick, intuitive styling and Aura-reading business coach (another new profession to me).

And according to Dr. Karen, orange is the color of liveliness. 

“If you’re feeling unmotivated, wearing orange will give you vitality”. 

It’s a sentiment that may really speak to anyone who’s spent a lot of time at home recently.


 

 
Green stands for hope, fertility, and rebirth. 
If you’re already drawn to it, there’s a possible subconscious reason why. 
 
“When someone is attracted to the color green, 
they’re calling in growth, expansion, 
determination, focus, ambition, goals,” says Merrick
 
In other words, this is the color that will get things done. 
(what I need for this year…).

  

 

Pink evokes feelings of peace,

compassion,

and love.

 It is also the color of femininity and nurturing, 

as well as understanding.



 
 
 
 The color turquoise is associated 
with meanings of refreshing
feminine, calming, sophisticated, 
energy, wisdom, serenity, 
wholeness, creativity, emotional balance, 
good luck, spiritual grounding, 
friendship, love, joy, tranquility, 
patience, intuition, and loyalty. 
Yes, please. 


 

 


 

I will definitely continue to use the mood enhancement  dress option to bust my mood; however, rather than using it intuitively, I will give it a try and use the colors according to the energy I’m in need at the moment.  

 

I will also combine those colors in my next jewelry collection. Stay tuned; I’ll be sharing the process here and in my Instagram account.

 

What about you? Do you pay attention to the colors you use as per your mood? Do you use them intuitively? Or you’re a pro and take profit of their energy? Leave me your comments, I’d love to hear them!

 

By the way, which will be your color for 2021?

(remember that green is the “get things done” color? Jajaja! I will look like a parrot this year!).

 

Have a colorful week! Un abrazo, Paula

Comments

  1. There is so much in this article that I would never have thought of on my own. Your content gives readers things to think about in an interesting way. Thank you for your clear information. Activated Carbon for sale

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment